Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quote Unquote

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

One of the most memorable movie quotes of all times, i would say. Definitely my personal favorite. This movie taught me how to believe, in oneself, even in the face of adversity.. And I confess, I cried in the scene where Andy "crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side". Such is the the power of hope, I guess.

My second favorite quote of all times is undoubtedly from the movie series Spiderman, and it goes : "Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right". This one taught me how to make choices in life, after all life is all about choices(at least in India anyway!!). Then of course there is the LOTR trilogies, which I must have seen some umpteen times, almost to the point that I remember some of the quotes. Actually, most of them.. Geek, I know!!!

So, tell me which movies have influenced you the most?? And the one movie quote that you can remember on the top of your head :)


PS : I have another confession. I know that for most people, movies are more like watch and forget, but I get quite influenced by movies, although only by the ones that carry a message. Doesn't mean I don't like laugh-riot movies, but that is left for another day :)



4 comments:

Rach Thu Jun 26, 10:04:00 PM GMT+5:30  

I am exactly watch and forget!! The movie quotes do inspire me, but i forget them as soon as the scene switches :(

Anonymous,  Fri Jun 27, 02:13:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Hi Piyush,

I am Rajesh from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help.

Rajesh

rajesh@siliconindia.com
98867 34775

earth Mon Jun 30, 03:44:00 PM GMT+5:30  

hi Piyush,
I have read all of your blogs ,i really appreciate your thinking and found out that you are a sensitive person,a patriotic, a true believer in hope and positive thinking.I felt happy to see your blog,and i think our country needs people like you.All the best for your future, take care,keep smiling.

Piyush Sethia Fri Jul 04, 02:00:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Rajesh, Thanks for letting me this opportunity, you can find my blog here

Earth, Thank you for your kind words :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP